Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Turn your eyes upon Jesus

Well, after a comment by an anonymous person, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that Jesus is what matters most in life. Baseball provides great writing material, but focusing on baseball before Christ is wrong. I admit that sometimes even I, a lifelong Christian, stumble sometimes. So, Anonymous, and anyone else for that matter, should know that I realize that Jesus is the only way to eternal life , and I am thankful for that. After all, why would there be life if all it was was the short time we have here, then nothing? What if there was no Heaven? We should all thank God that we as Christians have a life with Him to look forward to after we die. If you believe that there is another way to heaven, such as by being good, or with your money, you are wrong. Being good should automatically be included in your everyday life, but, we all sin, so unless you never sin from birth (which includes your thoughts along with your actions), and you should know the only One to do so was Jesus, then unless you accept Christ, you are bound for hell. That's right, a place where you won't be afraid to run you underwear up on a pole for all to see. If you think this is just a bunch of baloney, get a Bible, and read John 3:16. One of the most well-known verses in the Bible still carries a powerful message.

In case you have no Bible, here is the Scripture:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but will have Eternal Life." John 3:16

What a Scripture. And every word in it is true. You may not believe me now, but you all just wait until Judgement Day. As an old hymn says, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus."

Thank you Anonymous. I had no idea I had it in me to write this. Again, thanks.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Sparky,
Good thoughts! It is very important to be constantly doing a check of our hearts and minds to see if God is still first there.

Elizabeth

Wholesome Works said...

"Well, after a comment by an anonymous person, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that Jesus is what matters most in life."

Great post. This was a very Good response.

Zachary

P.S. I actually posted this comment yesterday, it even showed on your site.

Oh well, after all the problems I've been having with Blogger lately, I hope you recieve this. :)

Keebler the Elf said...

I got it Zach. Sorry didn't receive it sooner.